Thursday, December 15, 2016

Summer Tonight

Bad Poetry Alert!

I have to be careful or I will end up posting more poems than race reports but this was one, or part of it, that has been kicking around my head for probably a dozen years now. I remember taking a walk on a cool evening and feeling a warm breeze and thinking about summers past. I was still young then so "past" would have been just a few years where now finishing the thing I am actually closer to the old man I was imagining 12 years ago. Anyway, here goes nothing. At least it isn't a post about politics!

Summer Tonight

When the warm wind blows through the trees
It can bring back memories
of those nights way back in June
when we went walking under a lazy moon
It seemed like youth would last forever
And we wished on all the stars above
dreaming about life and love
and how we feared September
We would spend hours strolling down by the lake
sharing secrets about the lives we planned to make
I can't help but smile when I remember
We'd hold each other close
and argue over who cared the most
for one another
Now many days have passed and I'm older
Seasons have turned and now its much much colder
But when the warm breeze blows again
In my mind I'm way back when
and once again we're dreaming by moonlight
and Darling
Oh, Darling
It feels like Summer tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment